Combi boiler central heating inlet valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a leak in my boiler.
The leak is from the inlet central heating valve. There is water dripping from the top of the valve (where the valve meets the heating pipe).
A maintenance engineer has been and tightened the valve but it is stll leaking. I am wondering now if the valve will need replacing. Would this mean having to drain the whole system or just the boiler?

I am going to ask the guy to come back but I'd like to know how big this job could be. Looking at the boiler it does not look like an easy job.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It would depend where the boiler was located in relationship to the radiators, whether a complete drain down to replace or maintain valves would be required.
It could be possible to close both flow and return valves, drain done boiler and do maintenance on the seals above the valves, but removing them would require at least draining down the water to the level of the valves or the other option would be to freeze the pipes below valves, using a pipe freezer kit.
But call the plumber back who you undoubtedly paid previously to remedy the issue accordingly.

It could just be a washer thats gone which is cheap valves can be very expensive if req as most of time you need to buy a full set, what boiler have you got? If its pressurised valves can be changed in 10mins sometimes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back