Leaking wall hung wc pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. I bought a wall hung wc pan online at the end of July and after extensive work to my bathroom plus doing my day job as a carpenter I finally got round to fitting it today. I've fitted the pan to a Saneux wc frame and gave it several flushes to see if it leaked. All good, no leaks on the flush pipe or the soil pipe. Came back to it a few hours later and there's a pool of water on the bathroom floor at the front of the pan. I checked the flush and soil pipes again and they were fine, then I noticed a drip at the front centre of the pan. Got a torch under the pan and theres a sort of lump near the front, like there was a hole made during manufacture that's been filled in. The water is coming out of that lump and trickling down and dripping onto the floor. I know there's a hollow inside the pan but why would it be filled up with water, does it mean there's a fault with the pan somewhere? Can't ask my plumber, he's gone away for Christmas. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If the flush connection and pipe outlet connections are good you should have no leaks. So long as you are sure it is not a weep running down to the spot you mention before dripping off then you have a duff pan - replace it.

Thanks Blagard
I've since spoken to the online company I bought it from and they were pretty helpful. Told me to email them some pictures and they'll take it from there. Only problem I've got now is that particular pan is discontinued.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back