Leaking waste pipe from kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Under my kitchen sink the waste water pipe empties from the sink, dishwasher and washing machine. However all of a sudden a leak has developed. I have included a picture with an arrow at the leak location.

The downward pipe that connects to the ubend is really loose, and after taking the pipework apart there is no washer in the section marked with the arrow.

Can anyone give any advice on how I fix (and what components I need to buy). Many thanks.

Rob.

Attachments

• Under sink.jpg
    Under sink.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 292
Sponsored Links
Oh dear .... well yes there should be a seal of some sort in the there, either tapered or square - mating surface dependent. It also looks like it's a bespoke waste system with fittings that just aren't being used correctly, the Tee isn't really being used correctly. Throw it all away and get one from McAlpine that will do the job so much better and re-jig the waste pipe. The FCU and socket aren't ideally placed either, if that appliance valve/pipe leaks.

+1 for Madrab's advice. Where does the waste go after passing through the wall? Looking at the plethora of bends on it, I'd be inclined to replace the lot through the wall, and start again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back