Leaking Water in Flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live in a first floor flat with the main bathroom directly above the front entrance to the building. recently, there has been a leak into the close beneath the bathroom, a couple of feet back from the entrance door.

i first tried to establish where the leak was coming from, so stopped using the sink/bath in this bathroom, and this seemed to stop the leakage.

however, i came home from work one day, after a days heavy rain, and the puddle spot was wetter than ever. another morning when i left for work, after a night of heavy rain, again the puddle spot was wetter than ever and the water was leaking from the ceiling in the close, despite the fact that i had not used the bathroom drain.

the water still leaks on dry days if i allow water to drain from the sink.

is it possible that the rain is somehow penetrating the building and building up in the area where the the bathroom water is leaking?

Sponsored Links
ANything's possible. Maybe the gutters run into the foul drain and that's blocked/leaking? First you have to find out what the heck connects to what.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back