is it a leak, or condensation?

I

imamartian

my cold water comes in through the floor, and then runs up the wall into the ceiling (and presumably across to the kitchen tap and up to the bathroom).

Tonight, i spotted a puddle of water on the floor near the stop cock, so i thought i'd got a leak.... however, on further investigation, i found water on all the piperwork up to the ceiling.

So is it likely i have a leak somewhere, or could it really just be condensation on a really really cold water pipe?

The amount of water would be almost half a cups worth... so quite a bit for condensation?

Sponsored Links
If its just standing water on the pipe work, then it is just likely to be condensation....assuming that there is considerable moisture (from cooking maybe) in the house. Get that pipework dried and ventilated and see if it comes back.
John :)

it's not just standing water on the pipe.... it was a puddle on the floor....

we do get a certain amount of condensation on the bottom of the toilet cistern....

this water has just appeared in the recent cold spell...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back