leaking wc waste and pipe from cistern (back to wall)

ogc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just bought a new back to wall wc and have got everything working right apart from two things...

1) the flexible soil that goes from the wc to the soil pipe leaks at the bottom

2) the pipe that runs from the cistern to the pan has a constant drip too.

i have sealed them both now with sealant but will this just corrode in time also?

im not sure what i can do if this doesnt work

its the bain of my life at the moment.please help

cheeers

Sponsored Links
This is why fitting back-to-wall pans is so exciting. :=)

Are you sure the flexi soil connector (Multiquik? McAlpine? you din't say) is the right size for the pan spigot? A current pan will be 100mm diameter, give or take. Flexis come in various sizes. They ain't supposed to leak and sealant is generally a bad idea.

If you're using a concealed cistern and the flush bend, it should push in and seal, no problem. Where's the leak? dcid the pan, cistern, flush bend and sealing plug come as a set? Some flush bend / pan combinations need a special one.

Not sure if this would result in a leak, but is the WC connector pushed onto the pan far enough? I installed a new toilet and the connector did require some pressure to get it on.

Sponsored Links
yeah im having the time of my life.its so much fun

i measured the diameter of the ceramic outlet(spigot?)which was 100 mm and bought a flexible waste outlet from plumb center (4") , not sure it had a name.
i can pretty much slide it on with a little force but i dont have to really give it som to get it on.

also the toilet did com with its own system (pipe for the cistern to the wc and a gromet)

i dont know if i might need a soil connector that is slightly smaller than the spigot so i get a really snug fit????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back