Leaking Worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My Worcester 40 cdi boiler has started leaking for the past 2 days, a constant drip drip leak, losing around 2 litres a day, the boiler pressure hasn't changed and the boiler is still functioning ok.

The leak is coming from the part labelled with an arrow on the photo. What is this and how easy is it to repair? Roughly how much should it cost to be repaired by a plumber?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
A leak on the cold mains coming through the boiler as the pressure isn't changing.

An o-ring needs replacing.

Not a big job most decent engineers carry O ring kits cant really advise you on cost as every area is different but would certainly recommend that anything over £100 would be excessive

Could be any O rings around the flow turbine. You also need to get the vessel/pressure sorted out ASAP. The pressure is too high and you risk the safety valve opening which is £££££ to sort out.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies. The plumber who came around initially didn't carry the correct part, he tried some round part but it didn't fit correctly, I assume it was the O-ring, so he said he'd order it and come back. Failing that correcting the problem he said he may need to replace the whole "right hand block" - does that sound right?

See my post...thats what will be needed.

Its 99.9% certain that when he comes back and fits the new o ring it will still be leaking.

The leak is coming from further back.

You need this

793264_wpdp.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worcester-Flow-Sensor-Adaptor-87161064330-/251037365735

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
See my post...thats what will be needed.

Its 99.9% certain that when he comes back and fits the new o ring it will still be leaking.

The leak is coming from further back.

You need this

793264_wpdp.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worcester-Flow-Sensor-Adaptor-87161064330-/251037365735[/QUOTE]

The link from your first post didn't work. So I will just need the O-ring and that sensor adaptor as on the ebay link? Is that ebay part correct for my model or do I need to find a specific one?
Many thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Better with UK advice rather than Scatman. He may not be up to date with things here.

+1 on scatman, had two leak recently, ones ive had have have a tiny chip taken out of them.
Yep maybe so, I just though that as he wasn't in the UK he wouldn't be up to speed with our systems/issues.

+1 on scatman, had two leak recently, ones ive had have have a tiny chip taken out of them.
Yep maybe so, I just though that as he wasn't in the UK he wouldn't be up to speed with our systems/issues.

Do you really think there is someone sat in Colombia dishing out free advice on Woosters.

FFS :rolleyes:

PS: I just moved to Brazil. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back