Leaks in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will leaks show on the floor or can they run into hardcore?

Also, any ideas on how to locate leaks to be sure leak is in the concrete.
My water tank is running constantly and one radiator needs bleeding every day.
Can the water recirculate back into the tank

What can i do ?????

Sponsored Links
You need to find the leak and also get a plumber to run your pipes ABOVE ground. :D

Note: no expert. But...

If you have carpet you can flick it and the underlay back and I would expect to see a damp patch somewhere in the line of the pipework. If you have laminate floor, like me, you might as well wet your finger and stick it in the wind, although if you get it really hot and walk around the pipe layout barefoot slowly you may feel the leak - but it may just be a bit of pipework nearer to the surface.

I had one leak under the hall floor and had to de-laminate and dig up the screed, and it's just gone again somewhere else. Now in the process of plumbing the whole system above ground.

Sponsored Links
It will be absolute nightmare finding pipes,all sorts methods but expensive involving thermal imaging etc best way in my opinion is either to have them above ground or cut a trench into the screed and lay the pipes in there and put lid on it before relaying your floor .This way if there ever is problem you can at least get back inside the box and do whats is necessary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back