pressurised Ch help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a pressurised Central heating system with Canesmoor 20 25 bolier, but it continually loses pressure. I top up the water and bleed radiators, so I assume that as air is getting in water must be coming out, but I can't find any indication of a leak. The system runs under carpets in concrete floor, under tiles in concrete floor and under t &g solid oak flooring laid on a fibre board, so whatever leaks will be a pain to mend. Does it def mean a leak, or is there another explanation?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nothing seems to be coming out of any overflow/release pipes sadly. But i dont understand why the leak doesnt become apparent. I have checked around everywhere and cant find any sign of moisture!? I am embarrassed to say this has been happening for a few weeks, so I guess I would have found the problem.

Sponsored Links
Pressurise the system and isolate the boiler from the radiator flow/return pipework (turn the valves on the boiler manifold). If pressure drops then it's a boiler issue, if not then you have a leak.

Best to wait until the thaw though!

Found a leak.....in concrete floor. I assume it will be a nightmare to fix...I dont suppose theres a nice little chemical that i can put in the system to mend it from the inside??

Only one solution, pipework will have to be replaced, if it's screeded in without sleeving I can guarantee it won't be the last you'll see of leaks, it'll all need replacing and done properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back