Leaky equal tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I had a pump fitted a couple of years ago (come april) and just located a big leak at the junction where the cold water is fed to the pump .
The the cold water is dran off to the pump via a JGspeedfit equal tee and it's at one of the joins that the water is leaking. This has only started to happen recently (Notices a water stain in the livving room ceiling. )
It leaks (actually it p*****) always after the pump has been running for a 5 - 10 minutes.
I've a couple of questions:

Will it be ok to refit if after inspection and it looks ok or should I be looking to place regardless? I guess i'm asking about the quality of JG Speedfit products long term here.

I need to depressurise the system to undo the join. Mine is a gravity fed system with a cold water tank in the loft. I've a feeling that I remember the plumbers talking about stopping the water from a point in the boiler area but I think there's a tap in the loft by the CWT (need to check to confirm).
Obviously the boiler would be easier to get to but I have a ladder to get into the loft if needs be. If it the water can be stopped at the boiler area what should I be looking for?

Cheers and apologies if i've under/over explained anything.

Sponsored Links
Where's the leak? Heating pump I assume? We don't know enough about where this tee is and what it's fitted to.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back