Leaky flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a small flat roof / patio in a flat of about 7ft x 8ft. The neighbours downstairs complained of a leak after the dreadful holiday weekend. I've taken a roofer to look at it and he sent me a quote of putting flashing under the patio door (there is wear on the frame and possibly where the water might have entered, looking for a tear on the patio and covering it with a single layer of bitumen. He also recommended re-tiling the area with promenade tiles.

For the flashing and repair and bitumen he quoted £350 + vat, but for the tiling he quoted what seemed to be an outrageous £480 + VAT. Does the first part look reasonable? because the second certainly doesn't! Given how busy he claimed he was it sounds like he doesn't want the job.

At the moment there's decking covering most of the area and he said it's liable to trap water, that's why he proposed tiling. What other solution might there be and how easy would it be to do it myself?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back