Leaky Shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've looked in the Wiki and can't see anything there?

We moved house in July and I hoped I'd left a leaky shower forever, but alas not so :evil:

The shower head drips constantly :?:

Its is turned off completely, I've replaced the shower head and the silver pipe from the unit to the head, the leak is the shower head, and if it gets knocked at all the join for the showerhead/pipe leaks :evil:

Before I replace again! I've tried googling as well and it suggests that it could be that plumbing tape is required around the shower head before screwing into the pipe? Can it really be that simple?

Another suggestion I found was that the part that turns the shower on is loose, but this is as tight as I can possibly get it? I can take a picture of the fitting and upload if that helps? :confused:

Any advice greatly appreciated! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sorry a blonde moment then :oops:

Its a Mixer shower I think :oops: I'll take a picture and post tomorrow (camera is packed away :oops: )

The style is similar to this;
http://www.alertelectrical.com/upload/image/Mira Showers/realm_valve.jpg

but it doesn't have the brand on behind the white handle it says Thermastate hot-cold on a silver disk. The rest of the suite is "rope style" and its solid ceramic. the taps/vanity shower thingy over the bath (Sorry don't know the proper name) is the same look, as it the toilet handle and sink taps, they have Hot & Cold in italics?

The other end of the bath has a tap set that looks like this:-
http://www.victorianbathrooms4u.com...74/Ultra+Viscount+Bath+Shower+Mixer.2962.html

The leak is only at the top of the shower, I've tried unscrewing the head and shaking it out and tipping the pipe out as well so it in theory shouldn't leak same problem
:evil: No water is leaking from the unit you use to turn the shower off and on :?:

Its especially annoying when trying to have a bath as its the constant dripping! I'm pregnant and really want to be able to have a bath in peace!!!

The shower head/pipe I got in Robert Dyers (nearest place on way to or from work) but these appears to have made no difference? I'm happy to bu another shower head/pipe if thats going to solve the problem!

Thanks for the speedy responses I'll upload pics tomorrow!

Sponsored Links
Is the shower passing water?
What kind of shower is it? A mixer shower or an electric shower?

Sorry yes the shower works as a shower fine, but it leaks both when off and when on...

When off it constantly drips, when off it leaks (sometimes) at the join for the pipe and shower :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back