Leaky shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First time poster and DIY amateur here.

I have a leaky shower head, i'm 90% sure this is due to the mixer not twisting enough to turn the shower off properly.

I think I need to replace the cartridge, but how do i get to it?? Do i need to loosen the big bolt in the photo ? There is no other screws/bolts etc on the handle.

Help.... please :)

Attachments

• Showe mixer.jpg
    Showe mixer.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
Is there no grub screw in the shaft , immediately below the cross handle ?
If not you will need to unscrew the large, whole ,chrome section ,and you will need a strap wrench to do it. The x handle may just pull off.
In the short term ,you could remove the shower hose from the bottom of the valve and fit a blanking cap nut. That will stop water from trickling out ,but of course you would need to keep swapping every time you want to use the shower.

Nope no grub screw whatsoever, very strange. I'll try and pull the x handle off and let you know how that goes... anything further then that and i think i might just have to get a plumber in lol.

Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back