Lean - to foundations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I've only just joined today so please bear with me as i may post in the wrong forum.

I have a question.

I intended to build a sloped polly cobonate roof between my existing bathroom( which spans half of my terraced house to the rear) and next doors lean-to/conservatory (this has a wooden fence like wall between us)

I was going to do this by fixing wood to the wall (maybe 100mm x 40mm) then attach over joists 600mm apart. these joists will go down to a beam supported by 100mm x 100mm posts cemented down 24 inches.

This was just to keep an area dry outside my back door and i think im fine with this construction.

Since then i've been thinking that maybe i can put a lightweight wall next to the wooden wall(No access to do anything from neighbours side) possibly made of UPVC frames with white panels in
and a front of possibly bi-fold or double doors. These would be sitting on a course of high density blocks im intending putting round the perimeter on top of well established heavy pavement quality slabs. The doors and wall would not be supporting the roof.

I guess my question is... do you think these slabs would be adequate in supporting this lightweight wall and door frame? Many thanks in advance for your opinions and or suggestions

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back