Lean To Roof Height and Fixing Options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

Questions up front.

1. What is the best way to fix a roof to a garden wall. I would like a flat fibreglass roof rather than a lean to to give as much headroom as possible. What I cannot do is encroach over the wall into the next door neighbors property? Or can I fix the fibreglass roof to the side of the wall and fix a flashing to the top of the wall?

2. When building a flat roof how deep would it be from the underside of the roof beams to the top side of the roof (this will help me decide the level of my floor).

The scenario:
I am trying to build a small workshop using an existing garden wall as the back wall of the workshop and a small retaining wall to the left. The workshop will have additional block walls to the front and right. On the smaller walls will be a timber frame. I intended to fix the roof beams to the existing rear wall and insert a flashing between the top two courses of blocks. The top two courses are the ones painted cream in the pic below (you can just see the top course). I intend to extend the two top courses to just beyond the LH wall that you can see in the pic.

4H8IKKn.jpg

I have encountered a problem in that the rear wall does not go down as deep as I wanted so my floor will be higher than I had first anticipated!!
I am now looking at options. If there is insufficient height to put the flashing between the two top course could I (a) cut a run in the top course? (b) afix the roof to the top of the wall (if so what would be the best way to do this).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back