Learning more about Plumbing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello! Usually I am over in the Electrics UK forum as I am an electrician, but recently I have been wanting to learn more about plumbing.

I was wondering if any of you had any old copper fittings you didnt want or need, for me to practise soldering etc.. I know its a long shot as you probabily take anythnig like that to the scrap man!!

The reason for this is because I did a very small job recently of installing a new under sink water heater and did one solder joint, which I must admit I was quite impressed with considering no one has ever showed me before. I would love to know a bit more about plumbing and will read through the wiki for the basic stuff..

Can you name a good beginers soldering torch, pipe slice, etc etc which I could get to practice with, bear in mind I dont want to spend a fortune as I am not likely to use it very often!

If you can help I'd love to hear from you! :D

Regards Chris :D

Sponsored Links
No point in buying cheap entry level rubbish, just get yourself a Rothenberger quick fire 2 and a Rothenberger pipe slice. Then buy a length of copper pipe and some endfeed fittings. something like Fry Powerflow flux and leadfree solder.

Then practice away

As generous as the guys on here are I can't see them posting you their scrap copper/beer money!! :LOL:

You teach me to be a sparks and I`ll teach you to be a plumber :idea: You go first because mine will take half the time of yours :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back