Leather couch. Have cleaned & rubbed off the colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it all started with a cup ring on the arm of the couch. I tried to clean it and the colour started rubbing off.... Next I got some brown shoe polish and this has made it even worse.
I think there must be some sort of cleaning agent in the polish.
Can anyone recommend a colour / dye / renovator?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,116
Sponsored Links
Look on Amazon, there are pages of DIY Leather furniture repair colour kits available ( including pens. for small marks Some 99p stores stock Furniture touch up pens )
There are also videos on YouTube how to colour Leather furniture
The beauty with leather is the differences in colour overall so a slight discolouration will not show.

51TL84uZAEL._AA160_.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I saw some kits on Amazon & eBay but not sure what type would work.... I'm worried because with the dark brown shoe polish I tried, it didn't seem to 'hold' the colour, if that makes sense... It just wiped off.

Google Gliptone leather at Todmorden. They really know their stuff and can provide dyes and DIY kits etc.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I saw some kits on Amazon & eBay but not sure what type would work.... I'm worried because with the dark brown shoe polish I tried, it didn't seem to 'hold' the colour, if that makes sense... It just wiped off.
The shoe polish is not a Dye, get a light to medium Brown leather furniture dye and build up the colour with several coats, make sure each coat dries off before the next coat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back