Leather sofa along radiator advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving into a new house and the radiator wall is the best position in the house for me to put my recliner sofa. Is this going to stop the heat spreading evenly throughout the room?

Sponsored Links
yes, but space the sofa so it will not touch the rad and there are several inches of space

apart from obstructing heat, the sofa will be damaged

maybe you could put a shelf that the sofa will bump into before it reaches the rad

if you are fond of plumbing, you can move the rad. it will be harder if the pipes come up through a concrete floor; quite easy if there are floorboards and you don't mind lifting them.

No. The oil is to keep it supple and make it easier to clean. Applying heat near the sofa will dry the leather quicker.
Will the back of the sofa hide the radiator completely? If so you MAY consider fitting a radiator cover and blocking the front 'fretwork' so the heat only escapes through the vent slot near the top of the cover. A thin sheet of ply/MDF with some foil towards the rad will greatly reduce any direct heat against the sofa.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back