Can you help me position a new radiator..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm looking for advice on where to place a new radiator.. this is the layout of my room .. (see post below)

The green bars are windows - there are 2 roof lights too. the blue boxes are where the current radiators are.. we have a choice of putting a rad in any of the red positions..

The orange blocks is where my sofa is and the purple is the table! My TV is currently infront of the long red block (sofa facing towards it if that makes a difference)

Any ideas appriciated :)

Sponsored Links
upload_2018-2-9_23-28-19.png

Under the long window in front of the table, as your coldest spots will be by the windows. I assume that large rad is to warm the kitchen as well; now if that's the case, then I'd be inclined to swap the 2 blue rads, and put a plinth heater in the kitchen, and that may negate the need for an extra rad in the living room.

The windows at the back - are bifold doors- so i can't put rads under them.. and the kitchen has underfloor heating.

The blue rad - near the kitchen is actually really small under a breakfast bar - and does not kick out much heat - we are about 3000 BTU's too low..

Sponsored Links
Well it would have helped if you'd said bifold doors rather than windows. Right, increase the size of the LH rad.

I'm looking for advice on where to place a new radiator.. this is the layout of my room ..
Interesting room layout :!: What is the heating requirement for that room,To get a general heat loss calculation use 3 online calculators to get an average and include the roof lights (many people forget these).
Well it would have helped if you'd said bifold doors rather than windows.
Information is the key :idea: we cant see your room although i imagine you have had plumbers or heating installers in to quote and are looking for further options.

Why not consider ufh,or partial ufh in the heavily glassed area and some strategically placed vertical radiators. there are many options available :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back