New under slab drainage run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Below is the floorplan of a small extension, its only the bit under the rooflight section that forms the extension and will have a slab poured over it.

Green is the existing soil stack that feeds upstairs and vents through the roof.
Purple is a new position
Cyan is a new position
Yellow is the ground box gas meter so the soil pipe can not exit here
Red is existing pipe to sewer
Orange is the proposed new inspection chamber

Green is currently connected to red with a straight run followed by a 30deg bend.

Can I have any bends or T's under the slab or do i need direct routes out to each position?

20211002-222711.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would myself bring them out separately only short lengths involved put a new inspection chamber in the area marked in red.
Have a look a building regulations H1 section 2.23 for advice.

Point taken.

I have read section 2.23. If I dont have enough cover I may need to reinforce the slab etc.

I had a good read through and nothing seems to preclude the use of bends. For green ill need two 15 deg bends mid run, purple ill need a 30 deg at the output of the chamber and cyan ill need a 15 deg on the output of the rest bend.

Am I likely to run into issues with the BCO taking this approach? Then don't seem to answer the phone or call back if you leave a message at the moment!

Bends are allowed immediately outside Inspection Chambers, I'd be very wary of putting them further along a run, especially under a slab. Junctions are permissible if the branch is pointing upward, e.g. in a run for a Cloakroom where the Hand Basin and WC are going into the same run, (like the letter F on its back), in the horizontal plane best avoided.

You need to ensure all sections of the drainage system are accessible for rodding/jetting if need arises, rods and/or jet will not go round the corner if the branch run into a junction blocks, and you wouldn't want to be unblocking a WC from inside the house , believe me....

I'd think you should be able to get all 3 runs out from the building into a 450mm chamber, use bends at the chamber to line things up.

Sponsored Links
Well Ive got the IC in and some temp pipework in place. The pipe at the top of the picture is fixed in angle and position as its the existing stack outlet which is in the existing slab. The pipe at the bottom comes straight out of the new IC. The two bends are 15 degrees each.

Do i need to chip out around the pipe / rest bend at the top of the pic so it can be moved for a straight run to the IC?

20211009-194102.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back