Leaving the heating on with the mains water turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will turning off the mains water supply whilst I am on holiday affect my central heating system? I want to keep the house aired but I am unsure about any damage it may cause if I turn off the stop cock. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Wow! Thanks for such a speedy reply.

I want to leave the water turned off because the lavatory cistern is leaking into the toilet and there is a constant refilling of the cistern going on every 30 mins or so. As I don't have the time to get it fixed before I leave, I thought it best to turn off the mains water. I also have an ongoing problem with the new kitchen sink which was fitted in December. It has an integral water filter which was plumbed in with a pressure valve. This valve blew 2 weeks ago, flooding the kitchen floor. The matter is being taken up with the company who fitted the sink and the manufacturer who state that the valve should be fitted otherwise the guarantee will be invalid. At the moment it works perfectly well without the valve but we have to sort this out and it won't happen before I leave for my holiday. I don't want any more floods thankyou and this is, as you ask, the reason why I want to turn off the main supply.

The CH gas boiler is a Celsia F1, which I believe to be a condensing boiler. What do you think now?

OK. Reason i asked is some systems top themselfs up, (small tank in loft space) though this shouldnt be a real problem.
if you dont have issolation at wc then turn off.
Happy hols : :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back