LEC fridge - comp starter switch resourcing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,
My fridge has decided to give up.
LEC TL55142W (444441946)

I have traced the fault to the compressor PTC starter switch which is burnt out. LEC want to replace the whole compressor assembly for nearly £500!!! or offered a discount on a new fridge!
Various switches are available on evil bay and spares web sites but nobody will commit to a replacement for this comp. My problem is matching the correct one to my compressor. LEC where little help... just kept referring me to Danfoss manuals however the compressor pre dates their contract with danfoss and is Chinese in origin.

Comp details are,
HUAGUANG A048371
240V 50Hz
ETZ60

Starter switches are listed with either Horse power rating or a resistance rating. Neither are indicated on the compressor so I can match the starter switch to it.

The one I have taken off has the following info on it,
TY-QZ-003
WB

Some Chinese suppliers of this unit are showing on Ebay but I would rather resource from a UK supplier.

These are a simple push on switch so you would have thought would be a consumable item.
Ebay has the overload and starter packs for less than £20 but I need help in resourcing the correct one please.

I am FGAS registered and IEE regs - electrically qualified but work on commercial air con / adiabatic cooling generally.. not home appliances. Any pointers would be gratefully received. I am all googled out!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi JJ,
Yes that is the exact one.
I have exhausted the spares supplier contacts I have and none have these or can recommend a replacement.

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Hi JJ,
Yes that is the exact one.
I have exhausted the spares supplier contacts I have and none have these or can recommend a replacement.

Kevin
So what is wrong with the e-bay items, it is obviously used by several different manufacturers & probably all made in China

Having purchased ebay items from china previously that where either faulty on arrival or worse dangerous / did not conform to UK regs I always try and source from UK suppliers.
This may be a case of needs must though!
Your link just went to a google search page. Was there a UK outlet you meant to link to??

Thanks K

Took a punt on one of the chineses sellers.... delivery is up to 5 weeks though doh! Only £5 though.... inc postage!

Personally I have only had one problem with Chinese suppliers & that was a watch, not an electrical or electronic item. As I said it looks like it is used by several manufacturers who probably buy the assembly in from a sub-contractor who sources it from China. As far as I know uk parts manufacturers are few & far between.

Well it took a month to arrive from China but installed and working via an eBay purchase.
10 min job to swap it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back