LED 8 programs mini control box - where to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, anyone know where I can buy one of these? It's for a 500 led icicle xmas light set - didn't get chance to make it waterproof before the rain came and it's kaput! :( Bound to be a couple of pound somewhere??

Attachments

• 877f27.jpg
    877f27.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 4,757
Sponsored Links
That looks like ones I've seen for sale in the Far East. Designed for 220 volts (not 240) with a European plug. But that single insulated figure 8 cable would not be compliant here. LED fairy lights sold here typically run on ELV, 12 or 24 volts via a power supply.

So I doubt if you find that controller for a couple of pounds anywhere in Europe.

Winston is right, those lights would not meet British or Europeon standards. See here:

The leds are basically in long series strings straight from the mains with a resister at the end, and the connections are just soldered and heatshrinked, if someone was to handle a wet string while it was turned on, its more than possibly to get s shock off them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back