LED Dimmer switch compatability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using a Retrotouch LED dimmer switch 07249 3-200w with a single 10w GLS B22 A60 LED from Long Life Lamp Company. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LQRJ4Y8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The dimmer module failed after 12 months & has been replaced, but has now failed again after a week. I have adjusted the switch to get it to light, but it will no longer dim. (exactly same fault as before).
Does anyone know if these components are compatible please.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Long Life Lamp Company said:
3 pack GLS 10 W a60 LED light bulb with brightest of 100 W incandescent bulb replacement. High performance fourth generation LED inside with super bright light output, constructed to high quality with life, fitted with new chip technology SS518 chip reliability. Luminous flux is 800 lumen a60 shape B22 bayonet base, incandescent bulb directly. Length is 112 mm. No lead or mercury. 90 percent saving in running costs power consumption only 10W ideal for general purpose room lighting, not dimmable.

Sponsored Links
But there is actually writing stating dimmable on Martyn's bulb itself.

upload_2019-1-2_17-12-23.png

Obviously Amazon could send the wrong product, but easy for Martyn to check.

This is a picture of the LED I purchased from Amazon on 12/11/2017.

Attachments

• DSCF6094.JPG
    DSCF6094.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 92
I have now fitted a VPRO Varilight dimmer switch & the original LED'S work perfectly with no flicker or buzz.
It seems from my experience that the Retrotouch dimmer switch was not fit for purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back