Which dimmer switch for LED bulbs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got matching MK switches and sockets virtually all round the house now. Just decorated the kids' bedrooms and hit a slight snag. I've replaced the old 60w tungsten bulbs with new 100w equivalent LED lights (Dial ones, from B&Q - https://www.diy.com/departments/dia...-led-dimmable-light-bulb/3663602667568_BQ.prd.)

The bulbs are dimmable, and we have dimmer switches fitted, however they aren't working properly. I suspect because the dimmer switches are old ones rated for old loads.

I've tried a newer V-Pro dimmer which sort of works, however there are 2 issues - 1) it doesn't really dim much & 2) the bulb doesn't appear to get to full brightness, so not ideal.

Can anyone recommend a decent dimmer switch for 15w LED bulbs? My preference would be MK but they don't appear to do one in the normal MK range.

Sponsored Links
V-Pro is the all round best choice god dimming LEDs.

They are programmable do you can set dimming limits.
Sounds like you need to read the instructions and set up the dimmer. once you have mastered that, go and buy some more V-Pro dimmers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back