LED lamp in GU10 Luminaire

Sponsored Links
the one from the link you posted is mains... look at the pins on the end og the lamp.

carlos

Yes, though bear in mind

1) apparently for functional lighting they suck
2) that price seems quite high to me, I'm sure I've seen them cheaper than that

right, just seem to remeber sheds making a point once about GU10/GZ10 bulbs having the same connections but if you get the wrong one it would be really bad if the lamp wasn't suitable as it could melt. My train of thought is that LED's don't produce much heat so not an issue, but don't want to spend a tenner if it will just blow.

Try it and see?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Adam,

guess it would be a bit poor, but just need to shed a little light into an understairs cupboard. Worried about heat being an issue in an enclosed space.

Will hunt for a cheaper one too ;)

If its just a cupboard your better off using a bettern lamp holder or a ceiling rose.

Just my opinion.

carlos

I got some from TLC-direct. About £6-95 each. Very good. They give a bluish light. A lot of light for 1.5 W, pretty and great for behind a computer screen or over-bed lighting, but sharp cut off so may not suit needs in a cupboard as much would be in shadow. Cost of holder to add, also the holders are comparitively big units as they are designed to take (and ventilate) 50W lamps and so need a fair amount of space.
V

you can get "warm white" GU10 leds now, they are getting brighter and less blue as time goes on. Try Ebay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back