Led Panasonic tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not even a year old been way for repair...(switching on and off whilst watching it)

The day the TV was returned the screen was soaking wet, not a light mist of condensation I mean i t was running off the screen when the guy took the protective plastic bag off.
I commented about it and the guy said " oh it's just condensation just wipe it off"
The screen was gently wiped with an e-cloth and left to sit for a few hours.

Over the holiday the TVs was hardly watched, when it was we noticed white/blue patches over the screen.... Sort of cloudy, or ghosting Also at the bottom there are three patches bit like a water mark or pressure mark ?

I called the company and its going back in for repair.

I'm concerned because I'm thinking it could be the condensation has caused the problem, and when the Tv comes back it might well be soaked again.
The TVs is taken to Nottingham for repair and I. Guessing it spent some time sat overnight it the huge cargo in the very led damp weather?

Any ideas or suggestions please.
LYNN
A pic of patches, camera flash has over emphasized the problem
20e87554e4ee59fe62642e46bf9456f5_zpsmrr8bd4w.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can't edit again...
Here's another pic without the flash.
c2217cae0139a51323da4ee95a8af88e_zpsllvcfc8r.jpg

A pic of the small marks at the bottom
738d68328ec5e77986bf2b399d69e552_zpskpn4bie6.jpg

So in summary then, apart from fixing the power problem the TV has come back in a worse state than it left you. Is that about right? The set is also under a year old but outside the 28 day initial purchase period. Some unevenness of the backlight is inevitable in these very thin LED-illuminated TVs. Quite where yours was like that before is I guess hard fro you to say. It's not unknown for customers to become more aware of existing issues after a repair because they spend more time scrutinising the product. That in no-way suggests this is the siituation in your case, it's simply an observation. Is the same model of TV still on sale today? If so, can you go check one in a store to see if it looks the same?

The condensation (or certainly the amount you describe) worries me. That sounds extreme. Was the weather especially cold in the couple of days before the set's return, or does your home suffer with a lot of condensation?

As it stands right now the initial problem has been fixed, or at least appears to have been as far as you can tell. But in the process of the repair the company carrying out the work and their delivery agent appear to have damaged the TV. I'm not a lawyer, but IMO from a point of Law then I would say that your grievance is with the repair company. If it was me then I would put something in writing that lays out the course of events and your observations. I think you have to give them the opportunity to put things right, but equally make sure they know that you won't accept the TV back in its present condition. Add that they has 14 days from receipt of the letter to respond, then send the letter by recorded delivery so that you have a proof of receipt by them.

Thank you for your reply Lucid.
Yes the the initial problem has been sorted out.

As far as looking at the pic more because it's been repaired, well... I fully understand what you mean. But I have to say we had been scrutinising the pic for a while because hubby said it was a tad pixelated on the dark area's. I can Honestly say I believe the picture was not like this before it went in for repair.

In answer to your other question about the house.... I always have the heating on , and the house is ventilated on so we have no damp. And as I said in my first post the tv came out of the van soaking wet.And yes the weather was really wet and cold.

The company (know how) have been to collect the TV again. It was lumped into the back of their cargo without a protective box... (Which I complained about) chap said " oh we've run out of them" The TV was jammed up against a fridge freezer, he quickly squashed a piece of polystyrene between the goods going back for repair.

I have stuck a note on the back asking the engineer to call be before he commences the repair.

I have already told them on the phone if the TVs comes back soaking wet again I will not accept it.

I will also do as you said and write them a letter.

Thanks again.... Much appreciated.
Lynn

Sponsored Links
The stains at the bottom of the screen look like water damage and the rest looks like pressure damage. With the van driver handling it as you describe, I'm not surprised.

Thank you Sam... Well you have confirmed my suspicions
Lynn

Update......
Spoke to the tech guys this morning. New led panel fitted due to water damage. Also replaced the bezel.

Let's see what it's like tomorrow when they finished abusing it in their cargo without the protective box.... Yeah that's the way it was loaded in their cargo. No stand, no box and no cover....(The tech guy wasn't amused).

Lynn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back