LED Shaver light query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new bathrrom fitted and one of the items was a new LED shaver light with socket. There is a switch for dual voltage and there is a small green light permanently on. The area by the light gets quiite warm and the shower curtain rests again it. I know there's no way to switch it off, but just wanted to check it's safe to leave the shower curtain resting on it?

Sponsored Links
have you got a picture
shower curtain touching probably means the shaver socket in a dangerous position and not correctly position

photo attached

Attachments

• 2018-05-23 13.51.24.jpg
    2018-05-23 13.51.24.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 81
do you have one from a bit further back showing the relation to the socket and the shower cubical /area and any protection to stop water hitting the socket without the curtain in place

Sponsored Links
There is no way that any water will hit the socket. The shower is at the opposite end of the bath and the curtain only rests against the light when its dried out and placed in a ring. So I guess it's okay?

so you have a wet curtain on an electrical socket ??
could be a very dangerous mix :confused:

so you have a wet curtain on an electrical socket ??
could be a very dangerous mix :confused:
With all due respect, my last reply stated that the curtain only rests against the unit when it is dry and placed in a ring.

With all due respect, my last reply stated that the curtain only rests against the unit when it is dry and placed in a ring.
But would visitors know to do that. Leaving the curtain & ring at the other end of the bath would be a better, slightly safer idea. That is from an electrical safety point of view rather than the warm cover damaging the curtain.

But would visitors know to do that. Leaving the curtain & ring at the other end of the bath would be a better, slightly safer idea. That is from an electrical safety point of view rather than the warm cover damaging the curtain.
That wouldn't apply as the house isn't big enough for visitors!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back