LED Under Counter Lights - Can this be done

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Getting a fitted kitchen which will have 3 runs of LED under counter lights, one of left side, one on right side and one on island so these cannot be connected together as they are separate.

Is it possible to cable each set back to a normal wall lighting on/off switch so that these can be turned on as one? ie turning on the switch with turn all three of these on at the same time.

I understand that there are starters for these so I guess that these can be cabled back to a single switch but I am not sure wether each starter will have an on/off switch on them (I assume that they do) that can be set to ON all the time.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
thats how ours work, we have 3 sets of LED under lighting.
I have 3 gang switch under the cupboard , which turns on/off individually , and a 2 gang switch on the wall - one controls all three LED lights power to the 3 gang switch - and the other the main centre light in the room.

So if switch off at the wall - then the 3 gang switch does not work and ALL the lights are OFF , if we turn on the wall light then the 3 gang switch comes into effect and we can control individually.

so if we ONLY have 1 LED light set on, the wall switch turns it off , BUT it cannot turn all three on - thats down to how the 3 gang switch was left

Use it all the time to control the lights during the day night , and then in morning and night - just switch on/off from the wall on our way out of the room

So is the lighting cable hard wired into the starter?

Sponsored Links
So is the lighting cable hard wired into the starter?
we have 3 transformers one for each set.
Each of those transformers switched L is connected to the 3 gang switch.
Then the Live in to the 3 gang switch comes from the wall switch
and the wall switch L is connected back to the CU 6A trip
All wired in by an electrician who rewired the entire kitchen to our New CU which we had installed a few months earlier, because of the new kitchen. Although I specified how I expected the lights switching setup - they would have just done the quickest cheapest way otherwise.
3 sets of these
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Best-LED-Square-Natural-Spotlight---6W---Pack-of-3/p/157758

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back