Leeds Handyman looking to further skills - experience wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

my name's Andy and currently trading as a handyman in North Leeds as of 4 months ago - was previously doing accountancy, so a bit of a change!! I decided that I don't want to be in an office all day, and I'm very practical with above average common sense!!

Business is picking up, but am looking to further my experience.

In particular I'm looking for joiners, kitchen & bathroom fitters, plumbers and plasterers who I could maybe offer my services to.

I'm also just looking for general contacts in the area, as currently I have had a fair few enquiries about jobs that are just beyond my capabilities - well, I would do them, but won't because I wouldn't be happy with the finish.

It would be nice if I could recommend a decent and honest tradesman to them, and equally if a job is too small you could refer me to them.

Sponsored Links
if a job is too small you could refer me to them.

being serious now my van needs washing on a weekly basis & run the vac round now & then.
then maybe later on a tidy out & sweep round in the back
& sort the copper/brass scraps.

would that be any help to you ?

oh well

handy if you can get in with a plumber/bathroom fitter.
bloke i use i let him have all the farting about jobs, all the boxing in before tiling, laying vinyl floors etc and he's always on hand for abit of running around collecting materials and extra pair hands.

he loves it and gets him a wage.

good luck.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the completely unuseful info on that

good for him by the way

just to clarify, this last poster is exactly the person i DO NOT want

thanks for the completely unuseful info on that

good for him by the way

just to clarify, this last poster is exactly the person i DO NOT want

Oooooh, get you!

Your bad attitude towards one of the most esteemed contributors on this site has done you no favours. Your inability to take a bit of gentle ribbing means that you have wasted your time, and now make it unlikely that anyone would want to help a you. You blew it sunshine!!

Whitespirit66

as you know you can't please them all.
trouble with these ex suite/tie bods think tradesmen are earning fortunes sitting about reading the sun paper alday.

my handymans happy as larry if i give him a soil pipe to box in abit of skirting to replace etc.

what does this bloke want ? thats if he wants to work.

Yes, you're right.

If he gets all arsey after a bit of banter, he ain't going to be the sort that anyone on here will want to work with or help.

Whitespirit66

as you know you can't please them all.
trouble with these ex suit/tie bods think tradesmen are earning fortunes sitting about reading the sun paper alday.

my handymans happy as larry if i give him a soil pipe to box in abit of skirting to replace etc.

what does this bloke want ? thats if he wants to work.

I wouldn't even let this geezer wash my buckets out. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

what a set of bitches you lot are. I'm a diy'er and sometimes read the trade talk thread.

this guy from leeds posted up a perfectly sensible question and he has been slated.

No he didn't post a sensible question. He wanted to 'further his experience'. This probably means getting help from tradespeople to show him the ropes, so that he can then compete with them.

Yes, there was a vague offer of him giving them some work. When a very well established and helpful member (Seco) pulled his leg, he threw his doll out of the pram because he didn't get what he wanted straight away.
DOESN'T THIS TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE OP'S CHARACTER???

The bloke obviously has an inflated image of himself. You're from Yorkshire, so you can be excused for not being able to follow the plot. :rolleyes:

Are you both the same person, or somehow related?

Sponsored Links
Back