Legalisation of all drugs

marshman said:
Sparky Jim said:
Class A drugs are a modernish phenomena, and many are wholly made from chemicals and would not occur naturally.

most do occur naturally and been in use longer than alcohol
today there are many chemical copies.

I don't think so my friend. There is trace evidence for human production of alcoholic beverages dating back more than 10,000 years, possibly even longer.

That is not to say that some groups may not have realised certain plants gave a euophoric or similar feeling when ingested, but the process was crude and normally not to the extreme levels of addiction seen in the last 120 years or so. Most naturally occuring drugs are only dangerous or addictive when they are purified and concentrated by the actions of man.

The vast majority of drugs do not occur naturally in sufficient concentations to present a hazard. It takes thousands of opium poppies to make enough opium to be useful, and the situation with cocaine is similar, it would take a lot of leaves to produce a useful amount.

Sponsored Links
I agree.

Trouble is with an issue such as this is that there is no easy answer to it IMO.

I would personally support the legalisation of cannabis though there are, I'm sure, many who wouldn't and who would have very good reasons not to :LOL:

The problem is such that, as we legalised certain class A drugs, more potent and addictive flavours would be developed and sold illegally fuelling the addiction/crime/bigger addiction/more crime circle.

The dealers only need to give away one free rock of crack to youngsters to have them in the circle potentially for (a very short) life.

Don't know what the answer is :(

megawatt said:
I agree.

I would personally support the legalisation of cannabis though there are, I'm sure, many who wouldn't and who would have very good reasons not to

The medical profession say that it is harmful and should not be legalised.

Guess they don't know what they are talking about huh?

Sponsored Links
Joe-90 wrote:
No, I'm sure they do ... I'm just a rebel.

I would support the legalisation of cannabis, I stopped smoking it when I gave up the ciggies but don't believe its as bad as booze.

megawatt said:
Joe-90 wrote:

Typo huh - don't you mean you are part of that 'rabble'.

Now you're getting paranoid ... Keep taking the Methotrimeprazine, you'll be fine ;)

joe-90 said:
megawatt said:
Joe-90 wrote:

Typo huh - don't you mean you are part of that 'rabble'.

I like the 'huh's tonight. Anyway, what rabble?

joe-90 said:
(cannabis )

Doesn't kill as many as cigarettes, though. Which "should" be more illegal?

JohnD said:
Which "should" be more illegal?
I disagree - it contains a lot of useful consumer information and advice.

Sponsored Links
Back