Leisure cookmaster 101 - right oven tripping mcb.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have read a couple of similar posts but wondered if I could get more advice before tackling removing the fascia for access!

Range is about 10 years old.
Recently, right electric oven trips mcb when the control knob is turned to on... Does it instantly! Can see a small flash behind the knob and the operation light briefly glows.

All other electric and gas parts work OK... Including left oven, grille, top hot plate and the ignitor for the gas burner rings.

I'm a heating engineer and repair boilers so not adverse to fault finding and problem solving.

I took the rear panel off and removed spade connectors from element. Made them safe and tried control knob again... Same result. Immediate trip.

Now thinking control knob, stat or damaged wires.

Looks to be quite involved with getting access to these items, including loom/harness so want as much info as possible and whether to try and get parts in advance. Some of the spares websites have diagrams but they're pretty vague and poorly reproduced - could really do with a repair manual!

We don't use the hotplate so am contemplating trying swapping the controller for that, with the oven controller but won't know if that's feasible until I get the thing apart or can get more info on parts specs beforehand.

If there are any appliance technicians on here, or electronics fans...

Can you give me any advice or suggestions?

Appreciate any input.

Cheers,
D

Sponsored Links
Have read a couple of similar posts but wondered if I could get more advice before tackling removing the fascia for access!

Range is about 10 years old.
Recently, right electric oven trips mcb when the control knob is turned to on... Does it instantly! Can see a small flash behind the knob and the operation light briefly glows.

All other electric and gas parts work OK... Including left oven, grille, top hot plate and the ignitor for the gas burner rings.

I'm a heating engineer and repair boilers so not adverse to fault finding and problem solving.

I took the rear panel off and removed spade connectors from element. Made them safe and tried control knob again... Same result. Immediate trip.

Now thinking control knob, stat or damaged wires.

Looks to be quite involved with getting access to these items, including loom/harness so want as much info as possible and whether to try and get parts in advance. Some of the spares websites have diagrams but they're pretty vague and poorly reproduced - could really do with a repair manual!

We don't use the hotplate so am contemplating trying swapping the controller for that, with the oven controller but won't know if that's feasible until I get the thing apart or can get more info on parts specs beforehand.

If there are any appliance technicians on here, or electronics fans...

Can you give me any advice or suggestions?

Appreciate any input.

Cheers,
D

Anybody there?

Found the issue anyway.
Took it all apart today and found an additional element hidden away below the rh oven which was split.

Had a google and all references say unavailable part. Seen plenty that look like it but not listed as suitable for this appliance... Am pretty sure they must be as can guess it must be used in a number of different brands!

Got a 2nd hand one coming from Ebay so hope that will do the job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back