Length of time to plaster a room...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need a room plastered, all 4 walls are lath and plaster and it's got a new plasterboard ceiling. It's approx 15 foot by 12 foot.

How long is it likely to take a professional to do? I've had one quote that said he'd need 3 days which seeme excessive as just skimming required!

Also, the guy who's quoted has put himself and a labourer on. Is this normal for a plasterer to have a labourer?

Sponsored Links
3 days for a simple skim job & using a labourer :eek: ! A labourer is an unnecessary luxury on such small jobs but using one would see it done in a day; 1 ½ days on his own - 2 days max. but maybe he’s doing his mate a favour at your expense, hence the 3 days :LOL: .

Get another couple of quotes & get a personal recommendation if you can; not everyone who trades as a plasterer can actually plaster as a look in Plastering Forum archive posts will show!

Tooks my mate, who is not a plasterer but seems to have whatever it is when it comes to plastering with myself mixing and passing about a day to do one large room, but the room is a funny shape with lots of alcoves. Probably another half day for the ceiling.

Thats two non profesionals though, I think this guy is taking a lend.

A pro plasterer would get that done in a morning. I could get it done in a day on my own. (unless it got lots of awkward bits and is in bad nick) then I'd say a day and a half.

Sponsored Links
Thanks ever so much folks - I thought this was over teh top! Out of interest, should a plasterre need a labourer? In Croydon (where I am) I'm told a plasterer is about £120 a day and £50 for a labourer, so if he mixes up plaster, PVAs etc and does work that the plasterer would otherwise need to do himself, it may make sense

You'd expect to pay at least £180 per day for a good man. Go too cheap and you'll get what you pay for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back