Level or secure uneven floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My girlfriend and I are decorating her house and we’ve started tackling the bathrooms. I’ve just regrouted the floor in the main bathroom having removed the old grout and it’s come up really well, I’ve added before and after pictures.

I’m just about to start the shower room which, sadly is a different story. The grout has failed in a number of places and someone has either tried to bodge it with a caulk or silicone like substance or they’ve tried to colour change the grout using something similar. Either way, the floor is a mess. Where the grout has failed, a number of tiles are noticeably loose under foot and uneven.

In the image below;
Tile 1 is raised around 4-5mm
Tiles 2,3 & 5 are loose under foot
Tile 4 is already cracked

I know that the ideal would be a new floor but that’s not really an option as this is a quick freshen up job only.

I’ve lifted tile 1 and the tile adhesive was like powder, I assume from where water has penetrated the failed grout. I intend to lift the tiles where I can however, the snag is that there are heated floor elements set into the adhesive which is likely to be impossible to remove without damaging it.

My question is, if I can raise the tiles sufficiently or there is sufficient space around the tiles once I’ve removed the grout, is there a product that I could inject under the tiles to steady them so that the future grout doesn’t crack?

Where the tile has cracked, is there a product that I can use to seal the crack such as a clear epoxy?

Thanks in advance all.

Attachments

• c81639a2-1e85-4210-96be-18a2ccf73fcd.jpeg
    c81639a2-1e85-4210-96be-18a2ccf73fcd.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 2c1cd7f7-6826-4fcd-ace5-8e77b319e737.jpeg
    2c1cd7f7-6826-4fcd-ace5-8e77b319e737.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back