leveling freestanding bath on very uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having a roll top free standing bath fitted, but we have a problem with a very uneven floor. The floor slopes down the length and width of the room resulting in the cast iron feet of the bath needing to be packed up with stubs. The adjustable flexibility of the cast iron feet has been maxed and they is still approx 1.2cm out on three of the feet (only one foot is sitting on floor as they should be). They are currently packed up with plumber studs (plastic in multi colours and wooden blocks). This solution is far from desirable! Has anyone encountered this problem before and can you suggest more creative, sustainable and less obvious solutions? Our plumber is struggling to find a solution. HELP! :?:

Sponsored Links
Had the same problem with our bath :(
Made up 4 pad pieces,150*150mm from 25mm MDF covered them on top and the edges with the floor covering, in this case cork, and then sealed them all over with varnish. Where the floor was uneven I applied cork to the bottoms to bring the bath level.
This had the additional benefits of spreading the load for a very heavy cast iron bath and assist in the drainage. :D
I don't know if this is a standard thing to do but it worked for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back