Lightweight bath?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure I'm not the only person to come across this problem - but I would like to know how other people have solved it without making it an eyesore - which seems to be the only solution for me!

Victoria Plumb - online bathroom retailer, nice range of stuff, good prices and delivered efficiently. Problem is, like many suppliers now, their repro roll-top baths are made of acrylic, not cast iron (not that I could have got a cast iron one up our narrow stairs anyway...) - and consequently, the bath is very light - in fact, if I accidently fall against it while trying to paint the skirting boards, it moves - in fact it moves very easily :(
The ornamental claw feet conceal the usual screwed adjusting pad, but there is no clearance (or space) to screw the pad to the floor - the only alternatives seem to be - drill through the ornamental claw feet and use a long screw into the floor, screw a couple of wooden blocks to the floor in front of the feet to restrict movement, or make myself 2cm high, crawl under the floorboards and screw up from underneath (using my micro-radar to find the minute amount of space on the adjustable pads :) ) Luckily I used flexible couplings for the tap connections, but I am worried about the waste leaking as the connector moves...

Any elegant solutions or suggestions gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Hi - thanks for the quick response! Sadly the designers of these things don't actually ever use them - I reckon every designer of everything should be forced to use their own products - then we'd always get stuff that works!
The pads are not big enough to drill through and leave even a small margin for the screw head to bear down upon - plus even if there was, there isn't any clearance to screw down. I guess I could use a small coach bolt if there was clearance... but there isn't.

Sponsored Links
good idea - tried that - you'd think a retailer who "prides themself on their service" would have a Tech Support Hotline wouldn't you???

just a thought what about the end caps / rings you get for worktop / breakfast bar legs :idea:

p4771345_x.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back