Levelling floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After stripping out an old stone fireplace & wall from my living room I've been left with low spots where they were (prob about 3m2 in total). There's asphalt covering most of the floor, but where the wall was there's now a step down of approx 1inch onto the exposed concrete slab which seems quite damp.

What's the best way to bring the level up flush and stop the damp affecting the new floor covering? I though self levelling compound but which type is best for treating damp surfaces?

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Sponsored Links
you may find the floor is laid with asphalte to stop the damp.latex wont be damp proof and should only be laid in thin layers,not 25mm.

is there a way of sealing the floor and then using latex on top built up in layers? or maybe a product that can do the lot in one go?

Sponsored Links
fill/coat the void with an epoxy (dpm) to seal moister. Then a deep section smoothing compound. Im not sure abot epoxy and ashphelt tho .

Maybe google F-BALL and speak to there tech department.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back