Levelling half asphalt half concrete kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just had an extension built on the rear of our house, creating a 25sqM room. Half is new concrete floor, the other is an existing black asphalt floor. The builder has levelled the concrete roughly to the asphalt but to lay the large 600 x 600 porcelain tiles we've chosen, the tiler has told us to level it. I have bought some Bostick latex self levelling compound and a Pva based primer, and applied a single 'neat' coat to the asphalt and a diluted cost to the concrete. Can anyone see any reason why I'd have any problems putting compound over my asphalt flooring?

I've read a couple of things online and I'm more than confused!

Thanks in advance! :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I read that before posting my thread but there's also a question 2 below that one that says it isn't suitable for asphalt! Hence my confusion!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I read that before posting my thread but there's also a question 2 below that one that says it isn't suitable for asphalt! Hence my confusion!

Contact Bostick direct, they will advise on exactly how to treat the two surfaces, not all screeds can be used over ashpalt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back