Levelling rough garage floor for garden office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I have a large garage that I'm getting rid of and replacing with a garden office from Warwick Buildings. The require a tolerance of 10mm and I'm not sure mine does, its pretty old, a bit rough and has been painted.

If it doesn't meet their requirements how would I go about leveling it? Would I need to grind the paint off then apply a leveling compound?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the floor is rough due to the concrete tamping method then grinding machines are available for hire for around £175 per day.
Check your levels with a long straight batten with a large level on the top - do this all ways, up and down, across and diagonal.
Self levelling compound usually can be laid to around 10 to 15 mm on its own, more with light aggregate added. Shuttering needed!
John :)

How about requesting a visit from the installer to check on access + get them to say, ahead of the erection process if the base will meet their needs? I would be concerned that once the erection team turn up they will say that the base is not up to "Their required Standard" and suggest an extra on the Contract cost for them to level off the floor to Their needs.

As an aside you mention 10.mm.? can I ask if this is PLUS OR MINUS 10.mm which aggregated is 20.mm or are they asking for 10.mm over the entire floor area ?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back