Levelling with kitchen installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice,

We had our kitchen installed about 2 years ago and since have been doing other parts of the house up, all thats left is to put vinyl down on the floor in the hallways running through to the kitchen.

The kitchen however is not level, initially there were some cracks (possibly from an old tree we had cut down outside) the fitter put some level down but it's still off in the middle and drops about 3 cm. It's a small kitchen and the area I need to level is about 2mt x 1mt. I'll be moving 2 appliances to make sure it's all level however the tricky part is attempting to let it run under the units by about an inch and then attempting to dam it all in.

I've never used self levelling myself before, is there anything I can use to dam the stuff in to shape the area I need to level or any other ways this could possibly be resolved.

I'll be moving the fridge and washing machine on the left to cover those areas

Thanks

Attachments

• kitchen 1.JPG
    kitchen 1.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 135
  • kitchen 2.JPG
    kitchen 2.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Tape strips of 6mm ply ( cut to 2” strips ) to the legs then silicone the bottom. That stops it running under then when screed has set knock the ply out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back