Leyland Undercoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Is it me or is this stuff rubbish ??

I got a ltr for undercoating my window sills. It says on the tin " Do Not Thin"

It like trying to paint treacle !! What am I doing wrong ?

I think I have enough experience to know a bad product and this is just not good.

Anything over 3" wide is a nightmare - it just does not flow, I can only paint in 4" blocks or it drags - TERRIBLE STUFF .

Anybody got any ideas or shall I bin it ?

Thanks guys

Stoyer

Sponsored Links
Where did you buy it? The Leyland trade undercoat I sometimes use is great stuff - second only to Crown in my opinion

Regardless of it saying do not thin.. i would put a bit of turps in it to ease it and see how it goes. Cant do any harm.

Hi,

Its from my local massive builders merchants. I get everything from there.

There one of the largest independants in the UK to the trade.

Could it be the cold ? I am in the hallway, all the rads are removed, but its not freezing.

To say you think its second best and I think its s***e - seems very strange ?

Not sure what to do - If I use it I will be flatting out ripples & brush marks till the cows come home.

O poo !!

Stoyer

Sponsored Links
I'm a trainee in p&d and use Leyland at college.

You're right, the undercoat is real thick and regardless of what the tin says, a spot of White Spirit does work. Although placing the tin in a bucket of hot water for 10/15 mins is preferred.

Benj

Ok - I'll stir in a bit of W/S and see how we go.

I certainly agree with the warming trick - but it must go instantly cold as it hits the surface though.

Thanks all,

Stoyer

- but it must go instantly cold as it hits the surface though.

Thanks all,

Stoyer

Yes. Oil paint does.
Try it in July and it'll be different.

Anyone remember Global warming :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back