LG GRL206CPQA - leak when dispsing water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have an LG fridge freezer GR-L206CPQA. A problem occurs when you use the water dispenser. The water appears to run fine no problems, however a pool of water appears under the unit. I have tracked it and found what appears to be happening.

Water inlet valve - no leak
water from valve to ice bucket no leak or issue
water feed from solenoid valve that feeds water dispenser - No leak, however the problem is when active it leaks from what looks to be water running back down the conduit the water pipe goes through and enters inside the fridge side. The actual water pipe from the valve to what looks to be the first joint (inside the fridge) shows no sign of leaking at termination points. This leaves me to believe somehow the water pipe has been breached / perished inside the conduit. This section of water pipe must only be half a metre long. I can see no way of actually accessing this small section so to replace looks like i would have to hope it feeds through the conduit without an issue.

This still strikes me as unusual and cant see how pipe could be perished, but seems to be the only answer as the water comes from the conduit and not the termination points, unless a hidden termination inside the conduit (which i cant see why there would be.) Water now turned of as to stop the dispenser being used.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/water-leaking-lg-american-ff.438041/#ixzz5Eut6NrMB

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back