Water leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,i'm new to the forum.
I have a LG American style side by side fridge freeze. Its around 10 years old.been working a treat up to a couple of weeks ago.it seems to have developed a small leak from from under the bottom of the freezer.I have turned of the water supply to the fridge and switched off the ice making machine.looked in the manual to see for possible solutions but so far no joy.also i can see some frozen water inside the floor of the freezer.It is self defrosting so cant understand that either.Took ever thing out of the freezer to check the back of walls in there but no sign of water at the back.This water leak seems to be there every morning and occasionally in the day too. Sorry if ive put a lot down about this problem, im just trying to cover everything about it.Many thanks in advance for any helper in this matter :)

Sponsored Links
Low on refrigerant, or fins blocked or seals gone.
Basiacally its icing up and then self defrosting to prevent damage.

Wrong section BTW should be appliances

Boy, are you in the wrong place.

This does not sound like an electrical problem!\
It is an appliance problem.

I'll see if you can be moved there, but you are not even in the UK. Maybe better to ask on a Spanish appliance forum??

Sponsored Links
Boy, are you in the wrong place.

This does not sound like an electrical problem!\
It is an appliance problem.

I'll see if you can be moved there, but you are not even in the UK. Maybe better to ask on a Spanish appliance forum??
Sorry I put this in the wrong section. im in Spain but struggle to get any advice on the problem here.

I am not sure if this will help you but worth a try! i had similar problems on my american fridge doing the same thing and j did the following hope this helps!
1. switch off fridge+freezer and let it defrost
2.in my freezer compartment i had to open thr plastic cover to get to the
area from where the defrost water is discharged into the tray.I put little warm water into the hole to defrost ice in the pipes untill all ice defrosted.
3.once all ice is defrosted you can switch f/f on.
4. best advise is to switch off once a year and do this exercise.(even if they say self defrost)
Watch your defrost tray at the bottom when u putting warm water do not put ltrs just tricke feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back