LG plasma 50"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'm just about to get a plasma tv 50" LG for £799 from currys, But I have been told you need to buy the cables etc. as an extra item. :confused:

Firstly if I'm hanging it what leads/cables would I need to connect to a 5.1 surround and DVD player and cable box?
takeing into consideration the extra length required. ( and because wall hanging) is the tilt bracket the best option or just straight hang type? where from and how much?

I just thought I'd ask here first. :D TIA

Sponsored Links
There are many ways to interconnect systems HDMI, SCART, COMPONENT, Jacks and what cables and connections you use will depend on what other equipment you are using and what is free.

I find with TV, Harddrive/DVDrecorder, 5.1 sound system, Sky, VCR, it took a few attempts to find what would work with what. With some SCART being in/out and others just in etc.

There seems to be wires everywhere so we modified out idea of fitting on the wall and it is now in a unit designed to hold all the set top boxes and all wires are therefore unseen.

As to wall brackets although there are many available we found unless in our case we used Panasonic with you of course LG the warranty was invalidated and the correct one was not cheap.

There is a wireless TV made where the TV only requires power and a remote box connects to Sky, DVD etc. But only found out they existed after I got our TV.

Well to let you know , I bought the LG 50pk590 , and bought the 'expensive ' bracket with it and warranty, but when I connected it It wasn't very great , the pic was slightly blury , so whent back to currys and told them , they said thats how a plasma is blah blah, went home and after the tv had been on for a few hours it got worse and was deffo overheating.
After a bit more time I thought I smelt a slight burning, anyhow turned it off, to let it cool, and when turned back on, no picture but the sound comes on :eek: .

I am ****ed of that this could happen on the eve of the world cup , I was thinking of getting a sony in the first place but didn't, now I regret that desicion.
I hope I can get a decent sony, was thinking of asking for a sonykdl ex 703 will/can they do that, or do I have to have an LG :confused: .
TBH I don't want an LG now.

PS. could I get a refund off them?? :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back