Lidl centre isle - warrantee returns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a hand blender/mixer complete kit in October, from Lidl centre isle. Over Christmas it went bang inside, after only being used every couple of weeks to mix up eggs for omelettes. Wendy bought it with her Lidl app, so she had the receipt on her phone, but was going to work for the afternoon, unable to work out how to send the copy of the receipt over to my phone, so I could return the item - I therefore rang Lidl to enquire what they might need in the store as proof of purchase for a refund.

Lidl said they would only accept the receipt shown on the phone, Wendy's phone, for the in store refund, but they could chase up a replacement item for me, instead of a refund, from the manufacturer of the blender - so I accepted that.

Suits us - the full kit was quite a bargain, including blender, mixer bowls, variable speed and etc., assuming they can supply the replacement.

I managed to refrain from my usual process of pulling things apart to see what had gone bang inside the motor.

Sponsored Links
The advantage of a refund is that you could use it to buy another and end up with another 12m warranty.

Glad you got it sorted though.

The advantage of a refund is that you could use it to buy another and end up with another 12m warranty.
Quite a lot of Lidl stuff has a 3 year warranty anyway (y)

Glad you got it sorted though.

I understood that, but it's unlikely they will have them again on the centre isle offers and at that price.

Sponsored Links
I understood that, but it's unlikely they will have them again on the centre isle offers and at that price.
They quite often get the same stuff in, sometimes it’s in as many months, others could be a year or so.

Does it work like that though, in the past I have been told it is from the original date of purchase not the replacement date of the item.

Last edited:
Editted, does that help you?
Not really.
So essentially, a new purchase date, and new warranty date. Not from return and replacement date, which is how I think you may have interpreted it?

Does it work like that though, in the past I have been told it is from the original date of purchase not the replacement date of the item.

If you get a refund and purchase a new one then the date of purchase is the more recent date.

I have a friend who works his inexpensive Makita oscillating saw pretty hard. From experience he knows that it will fail after about 10 months. He takes it back to Screwfix for a full refund and gets another 12m warranty. When that one fails he takes it back... he has had 5 of them over the last 4 and a bit years for the cost of one.

I bought a pair of Goretex lined leather walking boots with a 2 year guarantee. They leaked after about 20 months. The shop gave me the option of a refund or a replacement pair. The store assistant said if I had the refund and bought a new pair, I'd get a fresh guarantee (maybe he would also get a 'sale' too) so I took that option.

bank statement even redacted is valid proof of purchase, for the purpose of establishing a consumer contract exists. The retailer cannot dictate what they will or will not accept.

I have a friend who works his inexpensive Makita oscillating saw pretty hard. From experience he knows that it will fail after about 10 months. He takes it back to Screwfix for a full refund and gets another 12m warranty. When that one fails he takes it back... he has had 5 of them over the last 4 and a bit years for the cost of one.

He's the one to blame for Screwfix being so expensive
:rolleyes:

I did think both Lidl and Aldi offered a three years warranty on all of their items, but maybe it's only certain ranges.

Sponsored Links
Back