Life 8000 WB pump randomly starts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've a 35kw wb life 8000 (less than year old). I've recently noticed that occasionally the boiler is running the pump for maybe 60-90 seconds, but with no boiler flame. At this point, there is no draw for HW and thermostat is off. The eco mode is on with no preheat for HW. Outside temp was 6 Deg yesterday when it happened

Both Tap and rad graphics show on panel (none flash). I did speak to WB support who said it might be a small input of water into the boiler enough to cause the boiler to start...ie a leak somewhere? Though he said would need to be 2l hour....which I'm pretty confident we don't have..

Next thought was to stick a camera in front of boiler to record for 24hrs to try to see frequency as I don't know how many times it does this then possibly turn water off to rule out a leak?

Does anyone know if this is normal for what presume is pump running randomly?

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back