Lifetime of Bosch Worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Sorry this is a bit of a general question, but I have rather limited information. I am in the process of buying a new house but have doubts about the remaining lifetime of the existing boiler. I don't unfortunately know the actual model number of the boiler, but it is a Bosch Worcester and has a service, or possibly install sticker on it from 1998.

So the boiler is 15 or more years old. Can anyone comment on whether the boiler is likely to be a discontinued model now, and what the potential availability of spare parts might be now? How long do Worcester make spare parts available for their boilers and could newer parts act as direct swap outs for the older parts in the boiler?

Thanks and sorry I don't have more detailed information!

Jon

Sponsored Links
It cannot be a current model as its mot condensing.

Perhaps a 240 ?

Most spare parts are available.

However, your questions as are if you dont want to replace it. There comes a time when replacements are required. Replacements are about £1700.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony,

So you think I should generally be able to get hold of spares for a boiler this age? £1700 sounds pretty expensive to me, isn't it pretty comparable to the price of a whole new boiler? Is the price of spares due to the age of the boiler or is that pretty normal?

Would I also be right in thinking the efficiency for an old boiler like this is going to be pretty poor compared to a new one?

Finally as I understand it the lifetime of a boilers is very variable, any thoughts of how close to the end of lifetime this one could be?

Thanks again

Jon

You can still get most parts, depending on the model. Photo of the front controls for us?

Lifespan of a particular boiler i anyones guess.
Modern boilers?
In general we say about 12 years on average, 14 or 15 years is good.

We would never give a quote without seeing the job as there are so many factors that could affect the price.

I would say a very rough budget for a replacement boiler should be £2 K + (supply & install).
It can be (much) more and it can be less.

Do arrange for local independent heating installers to view the property and give you a quote before you exchange contracts.

probably the 24cdi but could be the 28 as that model came out in 97.
I was installing two a week in the late nineties and loved them as very easy to install..Lots of spares about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back