Lifting a very heavy cooker which has rollers at the back

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Rangemaster dual oven, it weighs about 110 kg.

It's the type where you lift up the front (which has two feet) and then move it forwards or backwards as required as it has a couple of rollers at the back, the idea is to lift it at the front by placing your hands under the hotplate and griddle bowl areas and basically wheel it along.

I would try and do it myself but a dodgy back prevents this. However, before I call in somebody to do it for me I'm curious if there is anything I can buy which isn't too expensive and which would allow me to lift up just the front a bit and then maybe place the front lower front edge onto some heavy duty low profile rollers and roll it along.

The space underneath at the front base is pretty limited though, about 35mm.

I've been hunting around online and seen airsleds, furniture moving systems, etc but not yet found anything which I think would be suitable.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don’t suppose it has an undercarriage at the front?
My old canon cooker had a pair of levers behind the warming drawer that flipped a second set of wheels down.

you could try some airbags under it, they are amazingly effective and cheap. Once up, slide in some machine rollers.
They are triangular but bent so the castor is higher than the bit that lifts.
You can use a ratchet strap looped around the back to hold them in place

I don’t suppose it has an undercarriage at the front?
My old canon cooker had a pair of levers behind the warming drawer that flipped a second set of wheels down.

you could try some airbags under it, they are amazingly effective and cheap. Once up, slide in some machine rollers.
They are triangular but bent so the castor is higher than the bit that lifts.
You can use a ratchet strap looped around the back to hold them in place

Nice ideas, thanks.

There's no undercarriage at the front I'm afraid.

Any suggestions on some suitable, well made machine rollers please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back