Moving a Rangemaster cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have disconnected our Rangemaster 90 Classic cooker and need to move it into the garage. It has two wheels on the rear corners that allow forwards and backwards movement. But I need to turn it twice through 90 degrees to get it out of the house. It weighs around 110 kg but can be lightened a bit by removing hobs and shelves. How are these things normally moved into a house, two burly blokes lifting from the bottom. Or strops underneath fir four people to lift. I’m keen not to damage it as it’s a sold item. But it’s got to go out of the kitchen as the new units go into tomorrow

Sponsored Links
That’s the way I’m thinking. I can put strops underneath and if four people lift I could put a neighbours 100 kg Black and Decker trolley underneath. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yea good shout, probably maybe a 4x2 timber or similar frame knocked up under the whole footprint.

I'm not burly but when we got ours in (the kitchen wasn't ready so stored it), we took all the burners and rings of and carried it.

Very tight turn over a radiator and stairs. It was athletic but doable.

Used to move mine on car trolley jack, with timber under the centre .

Now moved into hall by sliding on old melamine shelving. But it will need lifting over front door threshold so I’m telling the buyer that their transport courier must take it from there.
Thanks for the suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back