Lifting part of a glueless laminate floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hindsight is a wonderful thing........as this tale will tell.

We put down a laminate floor in our spare bedroom a couple of years ago and at the time decided to not worry about laying it over where the central heating pump was. We thought the pump would have more years of service left than the laminate and there wasn't really an alternative anyway.

Of course, the pump has now packed in and I need to get to it. The pump is near the airing cupboard adjacent to on of the walls. The layout of the room is like this:-

| Airing Cupboard |
| Airing Cupboard |
| X PUMP
|
|
|
|
|
|

The laminate planks run from left to right. I can get access to one edge of the floating floor inside the airing cupboard and have already tried lifting and replacing that panel with success. The left edge of the laminate is butted against cork strip under the skirting board. I think that I need to remove three and maybe four planks.

Are there any removal techniques which might help? Removing the whole floor is not an option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back